Saturday, March 28, 2009

It All Happened Yesterday........

Yesterday Abby got her cast off! It has been a long five weeks but she is doing well and she is glad to be free once again.

After we got back from the doctor is when everything happened...............I told the kids I would make them milkshakes after lunch because they did so well on the trip to the doctor. Chocolate peanut butter was the choice of all. Samuel set his cup on the counter (where he was supposed to)and walked away. It only took a second for me to realize that the Puppy was now just barely big enough to reach the counter but a second was too long.......Jake had jumped up and with his paw he knocked the cup off the counter and there went Samuel's drink.......all over the dog, all over the floor and the wall and then the excited dog stepped in it as he was licking it up. As I ran to grab the dog he saw me coming and started to trot away. So, now there was chocolate peanut butter milkshake all over the kitchen. Now I had to mop and give the dog a bath and make Sam a new milkshake because he was very upset.
After all that was done it was nap time for the younger three kids. Eve and Jack went outside with the dog. It only took 5 minutes.......Jack came to the door to tell me he had stepped in dog dodo! I thought it was no big deal but..... Then he said he wiped it all over the driveway and the sidewalk and it got all over his Basketball. Clean up #2!!
Long story shortened.......Next, The kids played with the hose outside and got all muddy. Clean up #3!
After nap time Katie got into the kitchen pantry and dumped a whole box of pancake mix all over her and the freshly mopped floor.......Clean up #4.
Samuel dirtied his diaper right after nap time and the tried to change it himself! Clean up #5!
All this happened from 1pm to 5pm. Then I cooked supper and cleaned that up. I don't think I even sat down to eat for more than 15 minutes. It is a good thing this stuff doesn't happen every day........Only Yesterday!!
I did not take pictures of everything because at first I was just plain frustrated. But When Katie got into the pancake mix I couldn't help but take a picture. I had been running around trying to deal with everything else and she was so quiet I didn't want to disturb her. Sometimes you just have to breathe!!

2 comments:

sharon said...

first of all, congratulations! i'm so glad to see your hearts desire being fulfilled, i remember you always saying how you wanted a housefull! secondly, may your youth be renewed like the eagle's! i can only imagine the daily details that come with more kids and a puppy and pregnancy! i love the updates, keep em coming!

Michelle said...

I so understand!! Becca just started rolling everywhere...she's only 6 months old today...I could barely hold onto her in church she wanted to dive for everything nearby. Game on!! I enjoyed your update...so nice to know we're not alone, isn't it??!?! I'll be praying for you...I hope your "all day sickness" is mild!!

Love to all!!