Thursday, March 5, 2009

Fun in the Sun...........


The last couple of months have been great as far as the weather goes and the kids have wanted to do nothing else except play outside. I welcome this since they will be begging to stay inside when summer time hits. I guess it is good that we homeschool and have some amount of freedom to structure our days the way we want to. As long as our kids get the instruction time they need and learn the material we are doing o.k. But unfortunately, we are not getting much school work done right now. So I announced to the kids that I have determined we will be changing everything as long as we live in South Florida! Our Summer vacation will be from Thanksgiving through Easter and we will attend school strait throughout the actual HOT, HOT summer months. Since the kids don't want to go outside anyway and going to the beach is not relaxing when it is so hot, and we don't have a pool, we will just stay inside and do school work!! When I announced this, however, they did not really like that idea. So I guess I need to think of another way to explain our being behind in formal lessons. Fortunately, the older two kids can read and they do Math and English (reading) most everyday on their own. Maybe one day I'll be super organized and be able to do 100 things at one time. Pray for me!!!

No comments: