Thursday, January 21, 2010

Lil' Bruiser................

Sammy is one tough little man. He is all about super heroes and beating the 'Bad' guys. He wants everyone to believe he is super and untouchable. Fortunately, we have been able to speak some truth into his unreasonable world. Jesus is now the biggest super hero of all for Sam and when in doubt he has learned to ask Him for help.


Joshua was recently asked to preach at a church so we took the kids with us. Before service had gotten under way Samuel wanted to go up behind the pulpit with his dad (also one of Sam's heroes). He beamed from ear to ear being up there with his Dad but on his way back to our seat he tripped over his own foot and went head-long into the front pew. He barely cried which I thought was him trying to be tough. Upon inspection of his head and help from a fellow in the congregation who was an EMT, I realized that Samuel was not crying because he was a little dazed. For about 2 days my 'spirited' child was not. I never thought I would worry about my child because he was acting normal! The large knot on his head didn't look so good either. I took the opportunity to pray with Sam and talk to him about God's healing power. After a visit to the doctor and a few days to let the swelling go down Sam was back to his old self. I see him growing everyday and I pray that with God's help I will be able to steward him. Maybe one day he will turn the world upside down.
This is Sam about 4 days after the fall. It actually doesn't look so bad here. After the swelling went down I thought it was going to heal quickly.................................These two pictures are after only 6 days........The doctor called it raccoon eye. The original wound drains down causing bruising around the eye.

It has been almost two weeks now and the bruising around his eye looks even worse. I don't have a picture but he looks like a movie star!

1 comment:

grandma rose said...

we are so thankful that the angels were on duty that day! (and that God had an EMT there too!) So glad Sammy knows that God is the great healer!
and that there are no aftereffects! He's going strong again!