Saturday, January 9, 2010

Don't Worry, Be Happy!

This morning was just one of those mornings. The kids started off the day whining and since I did not get that much sleep last night (Noah wanted some one on one time!!!) I was just a little frustrated during breakfast. I made pancakes and the kids were not too happy with that choice so I told them they did not have to eat breakfast. Samuel decided he did not want to wait to eat until lunch so he climbed up to the table and asked for a pancake. I gave him one and proceeded to try to help him with the syrup and cutting it up. Everything I did was wrong for him. He did not want the syrup on that way, or the pancake cut that way, or the one I gave him was not the right one etc., etc. I was trying to be patient but finally I had enough........... I looked at him and said in a frustrated tone, 'Samuel, I am done helping you. You have to do it yourself. I am leaving.' To which he scrunched up his nose and then looked at me, crossed his arms and said grumpily, 'Mommy, you 'posed to be happy.'

Now how do you respond to that?.......................................I looked at Joshua who was laughing under his breath and couldn't help but laugh too. That changed the mood rather quickly and Samuel ate his breakfast without a complaint after that. Now, for the OTHER children........

1 comment:

grandma rose said...

these little people know the way to your heart is through that wonderful moment of " you're suppose to be..."
Parenthood can be wonderfully challenging AND rewarding!!!!!!