Thursday, October 9, 2008

Recent stories.....................

Whoa Cool.....................

I mentioned that someone gave us a wooden play set...........Samuel loves it!! We still haven't put a slide on it yet but that doesn't bother him much. He climbs up and down, up and down. Well, he did only climb up and down until he realized there was supposed to be another way down and we just hadn't fixed it up yet. So he decided to go down that way anyway............He jumped from the platform where the slide is supposed to go. And as I had a heart attack and panicked when his feet hit the ground and his body crumbled.........Samuel stumbled to his feet and exclaimed, "WHOA, COOL!" Then he wanted to try it again..............


Making waffles...........

The other morning I made waffles, as I do on a regular basis. Everyone ate, except Abby, and then I put the leftovers away and cleaned up. About an hour later I went back to the laundry room to put a load of laundry in the dryer and start a new one in the washer. Then I picked up Katie and went to change her diaper. When I walked back out into the kitchen it smelled like something was cooking but I didn't see anything. After putting Katie down I went to inspect further. I found Abigail, in the kitchen, with the waffle iron.....................In the 6 minutes or so that it took me to go to the laundry room and change a diaper, she had gotten out the leftover waffles, gotten the waffle iron and plugged it in and then put her waffle in it to "cook" it so she could have her breakfast............

Eating books........

Samuel loves, loves, books! His favorite books are this set of 4......One is about colors, one about numbers, one first words and one about shapes. Everyday he asks for them to be read to him and if he has already asked me once he then gets Eve or Jack to read them. He loves them so much that he has started to "eat" them......................He is only pretending, of course, but he does actually lick the pages and then pretend to eat them. He particularly likes the book with the colors because on the purple page there is a picture of grapes..........

These are just a few stories but every day has something going on.....................Life is always interesting and fun when you have kids!

1 comment:

grandma rose said...

to be blessed with such inquisitive children!!!!
think of those teenage years ahead...... (might be wise to be slightly prepared......)
love ya all!