Sunday, October 5, 2008

Potty Training...........

So, out of my 5 children, 3 of them have been potty trained successfully...........I wish I could remember all of the things I did, all the tactics I used but it seems to be something I cannot retain in my memory for more than a moment, one child at a time. I guess this is a good thing because they all do it their own way. Some of them need to be encouraged, some "forcefully encouraged" and others just do it on their own. I am on child #4 now and I have no clue what to do. Samuel is 2 years and 5 months old and he is somewhere between doing it on his own and needing some "forceful encouragement." He has decided that he wants to be a "big" kid. He likes to sit on the toilet (good) but at times he just takes his diaper off and goes where he stands (not so good). None of this is my decision......... I would prefer if he just stayed in diapers until he was completely ready. I could control him, avoid accidents, do less laundry and not get interrupted 100 times a day by shrieking children who encounter a naked 2 year old. But alas, I cannot even make him keep his diaper on using duct tape so I am trying to train him. This experiment is raising so many questions............



1. Why did I leave him alone to find out How many continuous flushes it takes to flood the bathroom floor?



2. Why am I surprised every morning to find a dry diaper and a wet bed and child?



3. Am I saving money on diapers or spending more on laundry soap?


4. How many flushes does it take to flood the bathroom floor??????


At least I can look at the bright side.............................My bathroom floors are cleaned often.......... I still get surprises.................God has given me the money to spend on diapers and laundry soap...............and My toilet works!!!

Samuel will eventually get it but for now I have my work cut out for me. I have no fear of EVER losing my job..............................

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Strunks,


Allissa, everybody needs a Samuel. I love the stories. He reminds me of Kelly, who is now over 6 ft. tall at 15. Kelly was wild and is now very quiet. He didn't potty train very easily either!!!
I enjoy your blog.

Love, Lisa

Bonnie W said...

It must be inherited - I can't remember how you and your siblings were potty trained either - maybe it was because I didn't teach you - Sharon next door did. Hmmmm. Maybe you need to import a neighbor child. No - that won't work. You already have one you babysit and he just seems to comound the Samuel problem. I guess you'll just have to sleep on it - or in it like Sam LOL!
Love,
Mom.