Thursday, April 10, 2008

Midnight Make-over..............

The other night I woke up around 3 am (because I could feel that it was about time to feed the baby) and I noticed that the light was on in the kids bathroom. We had family visiting so at first I didn't think anything of it and I didn't want to scare someone by walking down the hall and peeking my head around the corner. So I proceeded to get the baby and then I changed my mind about checking in the bathroom. Everything was quiet but I figured I should at least turn the light off. When I peeked my head into the bathroom I was the one who was frightened......... My 3 year old just looked up at me from the floor. There she sat surrounded by make-up and she was giving herself a makeover............with RED lipstick..........And she had even painted her toe nails bright red. Her whole face was red and so was her shirt and pants where she apparently had experimented with different colors and when she didn't like them just wiped it off onto her clothes. I think she had been awake for a while because part of the bathroom was decorated in red as well. When all was said and done I cleaned her up and she went back to bed.............I left the bathroom for the next day. Luckily, the make-up was Eve's kiddy stuff and it was washable. I didn't get a picture but this one was from another time when we found her (during the day) giving herself a "spa treatment". Now if only we could catch her in the bathroom actually going potty..........................

No comments: