Monday, January 21, 2008

LOST!!!


I haven't had much interesting stuff to talk about lately (or maybe I have it just comes and goes soooooo quickly I can't think of it when I have the time to blog). Well, Yesterday at church, we lost Abby...........I know it seems shocking that a parent can lose their own child but believe me, Our daughter is very good at disappearing...........you know she thinks that "children should NOT be seen and NOT be heard," especially when they are trying to get away with something. Anyway, Abigail was in the front of the church dancing during worship with another child (which she usually does) and so we were keeping an "eye" on her from our seat. I told Joshua I needed to use the bathroom and would be right back. When I came out I looked across the front of the church (since the bathrooms are in the foyers on either side of the front of the building) and I did not see Abby when I looked. So I made my way back to my seat thinking that she had gone back or was sitting with someone else and as I got closer I saw Joshua walking across the back giving me a "look," You know the look a Dad gives when a Dad can't find something and is wondering if the Mom knows where that something is, or in this case where a certain SOMEONE is. After conversing with Joshua we knew she wasn't in the front, and she wasn't sitting with anyone she might normally be sitting with and Since I had just come from the ladies room she wasn't there either. Well, where to check first????? Of course the place you check LAST is the place they happen to be or the most obvious place that you don't think of until last is where they are..........After checking in the ladies room again, after checking the other foyer and exits and after checking the back side of the gym (we have church in a huge gymnasium) I finally told Joshua to look in the mens bathroom even though he didn't think she was in there............ and there she was, in one of the stalls using the potty all by herself and feeling very proud. And when told that she needed to tell mommy and daddy where she was going so we didn't think she was lost she exclaimed, "But I wasn't yost Mommy, I was in the bafroom!" Oh yes, why didn't I think of that...........Abby was not lost, she knew where she was the whole time........................


I wish I had the confidence my three year old has..........always knowing where I am and what I'm doing........ always believing that everything is well and Nothing could go wrong and I will never get hurt.........Come as a child, believe like a child, Have faith like a child, Love like a child.................Well, I'm working on it. Maybe I just need to think like a child first so I don't lose it every time my child is being herself................................



No comments: