Monday, January 21, 2008

Life is an adventure............


So, it seems that there is more to share............Today Eve took her first big spill off her bike. Now, all kids scrape their knees or get bruises once in a while but Eve has never really had a big wreck on her bike before. Eve is really a wimp when it comes to pain unlike Jack who wears any and every bump, scrape or scar with pride. So, she wrecked her bike and got a large goose egg on her one thigh and scraped up her knee and elbow pretty good and, because she fell so gracefully, her bike landed hard on top of her causing a large bruise to form on her other thigh. Of course she cried initially but after cleaning her up and comforting her she proceeded to whimper for about an hour. Nothing would help. At that moment I had to just take a deep breath and let her wallow in her pain. When she was finally able to rationalize with me we talked and she apologized for being a difficult patient (my words). Then she looked at me like it was my turn to say sorry (but I had no idea what she was looking for from me so I just starred). Then she said, "See Mommy, That is why I didn't really want to ride my bike today, because I knew I might get hurt............I Like it better when I don't get hurt." (her words)

Apparently, since I had suggested to the kids to go ride their bikes that somehow her falling was partially my fault and if I had not given them the idea then all would have been as it should and no one would have gotten hurt. Well I like it better when I don't get hurt too but such is life...........Thank God for healing.


Wouldn't it be great if life was an adventure with no risks..........................................................



No comments: