Monday, December 17, 2007

My mom and I have been talking about our Christmas decorations.........All homemade because we are always on a budget........So my mom wanted to see some of my "innovative" ideas and here are a few pictures of the things I've put together. This candle set is just my creation..... I had the candle holders and the artificial stuff from years ago so I just put the holly around the bottom of the candles and laid the rest of the stuff down. The candles are just from the dollar store.....2 for $1.......
The kids have a "Little People" nativity so I used that and then I just put some pine garland around the top of our china cabinet to make it festive. The only things that cost money were the stockings and stocking hangers (actually bought on clearance after Christmas several years ago for very cheap).
Just a dollar can go a long way........I put this together out of some leftover junk from other projects and the candles are from the dollar store.......4 for $1.......
In my living room (great big empty room) I have these beautiful vaulted ceilings with this cut out on both walls at the very top. There are lights up there but otherwise they are just big empty spaces for dust collection. So I found some poinsettia runners and some sprigs of artificial pine (at the dollar store) and put a few together to dress up those spaces on both sides.........
Of course there is the tree........ most of the ornaments are homemade and to dress up the tree a little more we found some beads for garland.........Of course when you have little kids, they love to hang the ornaments and rehang them and pull the beads off and throw ornaments on the floor (if you look closely you can see them scattered). Then the curtains behind the tree (they are a little hard to see) I just used flat bed sheets and tied them.....then for Christmas I put the bows on...... I made them from some old ribbon someone gave me..........


Anyway, there you go Mom...........I really liked your decorations too......

1 comment:

Bonnie W said...

Looks like the nuts don't fall far from the tree (grin, grin...)
Love, Mom