Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Feels Like June......






It is almost the first day of winter and Christmas is getting closer and the kids are loving it. The Christmas lights are up in town, our neighborhood is decked out and our house is decorated and looks very festive (if I do say so myself). Everything seems to make you want to sing "Tis' the Season......"..........................and then you step outside! Now, I'm not at all upset when the weather is nice. The kids can spend much more time outside and I don't have to spend any time preparing them to go out. All the socks, shoes, coats, hats, gloves etc. can take a lot of work and cause frustration when you have 4 kids, but I don't even need to worry about it. I love that! But, it just doesn't seem like home when the words "Christmas Day" and " 85 degrees" are in the same sentence. Needless to say, the weather is beautiful but I miss North Carolina and the visits we made to see family in the North Country at Christmas time. I think the kids agree but are just glad that it is finally "COOL" enough for them to play outside for long periods of time.............

Her are some pics of us at the park the other day. It was so nice but we still got a little sweaty if we stayed in the sun too long.

No comments: