Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Baby Interpreter........

Sunday night we went to small group at a friends house. On our way home Samuel was in the worst mood. I could not figure out what was going on and he had absolutely no desire to calm himself to be able to communicate so I had to raise my voice to get his attention. I explained that I could not understand him and he needed to stop. Sammy gave me the evil eye and said nothing...........But thankfully I have a Baby Interpreter! From the back of the van I hear a voice say, "I think Sammy is saying that he wants to go to Dairy Queen and get an ice cream cone. And he says that I, Abby, need a slushy." ........Well, Thankfully we had that taken care of...........But it was not over. When everyone else heard the words "ice cream" and "Dairy Queen" they all chimed in with their orders. We don't go there that much but they all know they can get a chocolate dipped cone there. So we did end up getting everyone a small kids cone (dipped for the older two). They had behaved so well at small group and (with the exception of Sam throwing a fit for whatever reason in the car) they all asked nicely for an ice cream. Now Abby always gives me her interpretation although I have a sneaky suspicion that she has her own agenda....................................

1 comment:

grandma rose said...

love that girl...a leader? hum.....
ice cream sounds so good.. miss penelope knows the location of every shop around! (which means when you finally get back this way she'll be directing!)